Tuesday, July 3, 2018

General Convention arrivals

Post by Andrea McKellar, lay deputy and member of St. Francis Episcopal Church, Charleston

Austin is quickly filling with Episcopalians! I arrived yesterday on a flight with Wilmot Merchant and my mother who is attending as a legislative aide. We also had at least 4 bishops on our flight so we were feeling pretty safe. By the end of the day today, our whole deputation will have arrived and business will begin.

Here is the schedule for those who are interested:
9 am Registration opens
10 am - 7 pm Various meetings for training and committees
12 pm Exhibit Hall opens

Today is a light schedule compared to what is coming so many people are taking the day to explore Austin. I am serving as a secretary to a committee so I will spend most of the day training on how to do minutes and submit reports.

I am looking forward to learning some new things today and listening for where the Spirit is moving in The Episcopal Church. I went out for tacos with some of my friends from Forma(this was the conference that our diocese hosted in January) last night. I have submitted a resolution to support their work of formation (D030). This is something that is very important to me. I also am following the #metoo resolutions, Prayer Book Revision (especially around inclusive language), and how we are preparing for the future.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to experience Torchy's. Enjoy Austin. ( I'm a Texas transplant growing roots in SC..HCFM)

    ReplyDelete